Meatballs that go GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE

What's hot and yummy today? Favorite recipes and other tasty culinary concoctions
Keith Snow

Meatballs that go GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE

Post by Keith Snow » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:50 pm

Tonight I made spaghetti and meatballs. As a change of pace, and a healthy one at that, I used ground turkey, then treated it as I usually do when I make meatballs. I made them tonight because my Daughter Olivia(pictured below) has never had the famous combo. To me, food tradition is extremely important and dear to me. So we had spaghetti and meatballs, but to make it more healthy, we use whole wheat pasta, and tonight, ground turkey. I did not tell my wife it was turkey, she commented positively about the tender and lucious meatballs. I could not tell the difference either.

If you compare the meal to its old and usual construction methods, you find the following bullet points:

ground turkey is much lower in fat than ground beef.
whole wheat pasta is better because it contains more fiber, and more protein thatn white pasta, plus it tastes better.

To sum up, this is what is called "baby steps" in the nutritional community, you will not really notice the difference and its much better for you. so I invite you Lacanchers to try it!

Recipe:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 bread crumbs
bunch fresh basil, bunch fresh parsley
pinch oregano
pinch sage ( ahh the thanksgiving herb!!)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, I use green can stuff here, it is a shame to grate the Parmesiano Reggiano here!!
salt and pepper to taste

Rolle em, brown in olive oil, add 28 oz can of tomatoes, crushed, sauteed onion, garlic (done prior in olive oil) s&P to taste. Simmer for about 35 minutes and enjoy. American Italian food at its best!!

Also, great the next day with melted provolone on a custy baguette!
already hungry and I just ate. I'm terminal!

Keith
Attachments
reddressolivia.jpg

momto4kids

Post by momto4kids » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:56 pm

I'll definitely try these! How big do you make the meatballs? I've seen some people make them golf ball-size, but I think I'd prefer them to be almost bite-sized for the kids.

Cute daughter!!

Deb

Keith Snow

meat ball size

Post by Keith Snow » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:41 pm

I generally make them golf ball size, but smaller is certainly fine.

I had another turkey success recently, (and keep in mind I am a purist, so the whole turkey in place of "real meat" has been a challenge), was turkey sausage. I bought it at the Fresh Market, it came loose, I formed it into patties, it left virtually no fat in the skillet. And everyone including my daughter loved it. Nice spices, good flavor and texture, rather surprising to me. Much better for you too.

Keith

angelkett

Re: Meatballs that go GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE

Post by angelkett » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 am

Ingredients
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 lb. ground turkey
2 c. garlic croutons (recipe below) or stuffing cubes
1 c. dried cranberries
2 lg. eggs
¼ c. bread crumbs
2 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
2 tsp. salt
Pinch of ground cinnamon

Glen123

Post by Glen123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Lovely recipe. It looks yummy...

Johane22

Post by Johane22 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Keith Snow wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:50 pm
Tonight I made spaghetti and meatballs. As a change of pace, and a healthy one at that, I used ground turkey, then treated it as I usually do when I make meatballs. I made them tonight because my Daughter Olivia(pictured below) has never had the famous combo. To me, food tradition is extremely important and dear to me. So we had spaghetti and meatballs, but to make it more healthy, we use whole wheat pasta, and tonight, ground turkey. I did not tell my wife it was turkey, she commented positively about the tender and lucious meatballs. I could not tell the difference either.

If you compare the meal to its old and usual construction methods, you find the following bullet points:
ground turkey is much lower in fat than ground beef.
whole wheat pasta is better because it contains more fiber, and more protein thatn white pasta, plus it tastes better.
To sum up, this is what is called "baby steps" in the nutritional community, you will not really notice the difference and its much better for you. so I invite you Lacanchers to try it!
Recipe:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 bread crumbs
bunch fresh basil, bunch fresh parsley
pinch oregano
pinch sage ( ahh the thanksgiving herb!!)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, I use green can stuff here, it is a shame to grate the Parmesiano Reggiano here!!
salt and pepper to taste

Rolle em, brown in olive oil, add 28 oz can of tomatoes, crushed, sauteed onion, garlic (done prior in olive oil) s&P to taste. Simmer for about 35 minutes and enjoy. American Italian food at its best!!

Also, great the next day with melted provolone on a custy baguette!
already hungry and I just ate. I'm terminal!

Keith
Hello, is there anyone here? https://www.rachat-de-credit-simulation.com/rachat-de-credit The information is important,
I wanted to know more if possible. Good continuation. Sincerely.